Thursday, September 18, 2008

Only Time Will Tell

Future hubby, Steven, and I are getting married December 5, 2009. That date's been set since sometime around 1994. No, just kidding! It's been set since about a week after we got engaged in March, but it feels like 14 years ago. The reason we chose that date will, I'm sure, be brought up in a later post. It's rather touching if you ask me, so keep an eye out for the day when I finally get the guts to write about it without crying (or probably WITH crying). Either way, December of 2009 feels like it's never going to get here.

I've been planning for this "blessed" event for 6 months and I feel like I'm in need of the honeymoon already. Although, at this point the honeymoon would simply compose of a bubble bath in a secluded area; no family, no stress, and Steven probably wouldn't be invited.

Based on that last comment you would think I had most of the planning done. The truth is, we don't even have a place to get married yet. We have absolutely no ceremony location. We'd love an outdoor ceremony, but it's December people.. in Ohio. It's not going to happen. The only details we have are the dresses (another story), the reception venue, and the dj (thanks to Mom who insisted on an old friend of the family).

I'm in a bit of a dark age for wedding planning. It's frustrating to stress so much over one day that's not even going to take place for another 15 months! Our wedding coordinator at the reception venue talked us into attending a bridal show on October 12. I practically had to grovel at Steven to go with (it's football season.. GO BENGALS!) since it's on a Sunday afternoon. Chances are I'll either come back from it ready to head full swing into planning again, or I'll want to crawl into my closet and stay there until next winter.

Only time will tell.

No comments: